Thursday 11 June 2015

When a quick sketch turns out better than expected

Well some days you work like hours on a drawing, and you're not happy with the result.

Other days you have only 10 minutes to make a quick sketch but the sketch turns out fine, so you ink it, it still looks fine and look, you see you have some leftovers of "bister" (wallnut-based pigment) on your desk so why don't you give that a try as well...


I was very happy with the result, but I used all of my luck for that day.

I had to leave to get a new identity-card, waited in line for 1 hour, and when it was my turn, they didn't want accept the photograph  for my ID (I was lazy and I brought the same picture as 5 years ago): "... That's not a recent picture sir!").

But what the heck,  I came home, I saw a nice drawing, and I was happy again (the sun was also shining, maybe that had also something to do with it ;-) ).

No comments: